About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baking conundrum again


Another of my experiments. Marble chocolate cake. I got fed up with KSS (kek setan sungguh)...kejap jadi kejap tak jadi. I blamed it on the eggs, flour, soda...but honestly, i'm perplexed. I dah tukar 3 tub of soda as we speak. Yg first sekali je yg dapat consistent result...pas tu hit and miss. Obviously the first tub dah habis. Ada resepi kata tak yah peram, ada resepi kata kena peram >3 hours. Ada yg kata don't beat the eggs to froth, ada yg kata masukkan dlm blender! So LadyWindsor, until i get to the bottom of this KSS mystery, i tak berani nak share the recipe yet. But in actual fact, i baked one for a friend for EidulAdha and came out perrrfeeecct..! With many lubangs and all. And also one i baked for my mum. But for each yg jadi,  ada dua dlm fridge yg tak jadi and diselamatkan oleh my maid who assured me that she and her friends would be more than happy to have them. Kalau ikut hati nak humbankan ke tasik je. To me baking is like doing a lab experiment...kena buat sampai dapat perfect and puas hati (sebab tu la grant researchku sampai habis digunakan..haha!). Kalau boleh celik2 mata je nak pi keluarkan the mixing bowl. Oh sungguh tidak sedar diriku yg patut dok mengadap komputer.

Anyway, i'm back to how i was during my undergrad days. Stress -> baking, stress -> baking. Since orang2 kat rumah ni set2 menjaga badan and macam malu2 nak makan, haruslah i bagi orang lain makan, kan? That marble cake was meant for my MIL. Petang nanti nak pi rumah dia. I should have used a proper baking pan or silicone mould. Thing is, bila dah mix and nak masukkan dlm silicone mould tetengok there was not enough batter but i still wanted bentuk yg cantik rather than just putting it into a loaf pan. I cekau je my acuan agar2 tu. Phwoaarrr masa dlm oven nampak cantik je...bye bye KSS, you are so unpredictable. Excited punya cerita, tengah suam2 tu i terbalikkan dlm pinggan...and guess what? Pecah!!! I was not amused! The day before my KSS yg i nak bawakkan ke rumah my bff cam siot je, tak jadi. Now this..it's not funny anymore. Sib baik my maid cakap, kak jangan buang. Rasanya OK. And si Baby X pun beria2 kata sedap. Phewww! Little D has asked me to bake some cupcakes for her teachers as this would be her last year at kindy...hmmm..i think i should order from somewhere as a backup..

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment