I’ve been quite bad at updating because the mood just isn’t there. Bila ada mood and nak bercerita badan pulak tak larat. I get up about 6ish every morning and leave the house around 7. Previously, before the SMART tunnel was opened, this would be 30 minutes too late. The jam would be unbearable. These days, I can comfortably reach the office a few minutes before 8 and the journey would only take me about an hour. But tak taulah, Uncle Samy said that they’ll start charging RM2 from tomorrow onwards. If I decide to use the tunnel regularly to beat the traffic, the toll fee per month would set me back 3X more than what I’m already paying now. Those people who would think that an extra RM100 is nothing are also those who can roll out of bed anytime of the day and do not need to be at the office by 8am.
********************************
I’ve been scouting around for a fitness center. One that is not too far from home (so no extra toll charges), where parking is not to be a problem (pernah cuba tak nak cari parking kat Taipan USJ at peak hours?), and large and spacious enough so that there’ll be ample space between the equipment (and not having to inhale the smell of ‘curry sweat’ of the person next to you…you know those that reek of cumin seeds and what have you). I thought since I like eating so much that I don’t think I’d ever be able to control my ‘lust’ might as well I at least try to tone up my ‘amusement park’ (pinjam istilah ko Bella). I’ve finally found the place….it has a swimming pool as well. Not too far from home, only about 10km or so…I know where it is, but I haven’t checked it out yet to look at the ambience of that place. MG is still trying to find one at Cyberjaya, which will be better for him once he start his new job in July. It’s OK since we’re not joined at the hips…I’m actually relieved because when we were living in USJ, we were both members (yes people, I’m a fitness dropout) of this fitness center. I think we tried to be an ideal couple back then, trying to find something more that we had in common than our love for pizza. At first we both went at the same time….i was banking one our ex-Mr July ni to show me the ropes. It was fun at first…it was even more fun that after 10-15mins of sweating it out, I got to sit at the watering hole and downed some ice lemon tea. At the same time flipping through the gossip mags they had there. And feasting my eyes on some guys’ biceps and washboard abdomens. Hah! My happiness was shortlived! Mr Gig started to play the role of askar jepun perfectly…interrogating me on how long I’ve spent on the treadmill, cukup half an hour ke tak…dah buat ni ke, dah buat yg tu tak…aiyo!!!! Rimas aku! To the point that I used to dodge him at the gym, then I started to go at different times and then I started to not go at all. And laki ku yg kononnya sebelum kahwin dgn I pernah menyandang gelaran Mr July pun tertarik dgn pengaruh I yg lebih kuat and dia pun dropout sesama jugak.
So, I’ve decided that my amusement park really needs a regular visit to the gym not to get it back into shape (because it wasn’t all that great to start off with) but to at least make me feel good because unlike the normal body dysmorphic disorder sufferers, who always think negatively about their body, I kind of felt good all the time when I exercised previously, irregardless the fact that I still looked nowhere near Sidney Bristow. So, i’ve found the place yesterday, the next step is to brave myself and go make enquiries..wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment