About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Friday, August 3, 2007

Weird and weirder

I wouldn’t like to incur the wrath of one minah ni that demanded I update this blog regularly if not at least once a week. Walaupun hari ni I tak masuk kerja because little D developed quite high temperature last night and I spent all night moping her forehead and keeping tabs on her temp. She’s still a bit feverish today although she hasn’t lost her playfulness. I think it’s pretty universal that whenever a child is sick, it falls onto the mum to take time off from work and stay home unless I could argue that I don’t think Mrs Thatcher ever had to do it. Anyway, I don’t think I could leave it to MG to do so because the last time I sent him to fetch Princess Boyot from the vet, he had this big grin on his face without bringing ho,e any medications or at least instructions although the not-so-clever vet diagnosed her of having early symptoms of kidney failure. He’s pretty much not very ínformative’ when it comes to anything medical. (I had to kick up one big fuss with the vet, sent PB to UPM for second opinion, got involved in an accident in the process, being barred from the vet practice metaphorically speaking and all because PB was only constipated. If only everyone can shit religously and I do mean EVERYONE, the world would be a more cheerful place.)

Anyway, since Bella has also tagged me to come up with 6 weird things about myself…kena la jawabkan…timakasih nok..terharu I because before this tak pernah org nak tag i.

Weirdness #1
I like watching horror movies. I like to watch it much better kalu ada kaki..but usually with MG, he isn’t too bothered, much rather surf channel XXX on the internet. Nevertheless, I try to limit what I can see while watching these movies. If at home, I’d take my glasses off and sometimes also tang music yg menakutkan, I’d keep it to mute. The weird thing is, I am extremely short-sighted mengalahkan mole (mata power over 1000), when I take my glasses off, I can only see shadows. That’s OK but when I decide to ‘mute’ the tv, I am pretty much blind and deaf at the same time which defeats the purpose of watching a horror movie in the first place. When I went to watch JPB at the cinema, I went with some work mates and I hid behind a pashmina all throughout, cam tengok wayang kulit je. At one point I must have been so short of oxygen that I kept on yawning..

Weirdness #2
I like to read the obituaries in the newspaper. I would read how many kids the deceased had, who’s married to whom etc. Ada yg very multi racial family, ada anak yg semuanya kawin omputeh, ada yg very charitable, tak mau bunga2an, duit tu dia suruh bagi kat charity. If I come across yg umur muda2 in the 20’s or 30’s I feel a bit sad, them to be taken away when they’re still in their prime.

Weirdness #3
I’m one of those lucky people that can empty their bowels at least once a day. Since I spend that much time in the toilet, I do a lot of thinking in there. I’ve churned out many great ideas from my ‘quality time’ there such as research ideas, proposals etc. I like going to the quiet ones because sometimes I tend to think aloud. I know we’re not supposed to be talking when we’re poo-ing but yes, I do answer my handphones (sesapa yg call masa I tgh meeting tu, beware, maybe other times you may be able to hear bunyi2 pelik pulak). I’m thinking of getting a pocket pc or pda ke, then I can really WORK in the toilet!

Weirdness #4
I have just started my love affair with Jap food. To be more precise Chicken Terriyaki and Wasabi. Nothing tops the latter. Not many of my friends like them, so dah jenuh menunggu sapa yg free nak pi makan, bila org ni free, org tu tak, I have taken to eating them on my own. I go to SK all alone, perched myself on one of the stools and start mata melilau tengok apa yg nak capai. This is my quiet time. Sometimes I bersms, but most of the times I open a book and read.

Weirdness #5
There are not many things I would decine to eat but I just cannot take strepsils! I hate the after taste that lingers in the mouth. Eiii! I mean I can eat budu, cencaluk, tempoyak, ikan pekasam, marmite and pears, english mustard, sickly sweet rhubarb crumble but noooo! Not strepsils.

Weirdness #6
When I sleep, I like to be completely underneath / enevloped by the blanket, comforter, duvet or whatever. No, we don’t have aircond in the bedroom. It must be a scary sight kan, nampak cam mayat je. No oné complained about it before I don’t think MG notices it pun. Sometimes, tengok2 bawah selimut tu, I’m not alone! (cam Ju-On pulak)…ada la sekor si manja bermisai and fish breath tumpang sama. Dia ingat main camping2 kut…


OK Bella, dah cukup 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment