This pregnancy has brought out some good qualities in me.
1. I have lost all nafsu utk merambu dan berbelanja. I can't recall the last time i bought anything that was unnecessary. Setiap kali dapat gaji i susah hati because, after paying for all hutangs i am left with a portion of money that i am supposed to be spending on myself. OK, Mr Gig do not get all excited thinking that i am amassing our wealth. Somehow, at the end of the month i'm still left penniless..but the good thing is, i am penniless because i don't use the credit cards, semua bayar cash as opposed to pre-pregnancy where i was penniless plus hutang credit card pun ada. Last weekend, we were at KLCC because MG needed to look for a blue shirt. If it was me (pre-pregnancy era of course) i might have ended up with not only a blue shirt but perhaps another one or two of different colours. (But for MG, well....THE blue shirt seemed to be elusive. Don't ask me what criteria he was looking for). I had this strong desire to be NORMAL again. I just have to spend my money on something..!
First we walked passed the B0rne0 Pearl stall. Previously i would be staring at those long pearl necklaces longingly and got the salesgirl excited by demanding to try them on. Masa tu moolah je tak cukup...but now..zilch! I didn't feel any flutter of excitement at all.
Then we got to the handbag section at Isetan..previously i would 'menyetan' there berjam2 at the same time doing my 'academic thinking' (ye la you, during office hours, apa kejadahnya, kan?). I might just have 10 bucks in my purse but i have 3 credit cards! So zap zap and i'd get myself another handbag to add to my collection (yg tak seperinya itu). The thing is pun i'd be using one for at least half a year because tak koser nak bertukar hbag and risk getting things tercicir for e.g. tweezer, nail clipper or hole puncher (that's why i'm all for big handbags).
Anyway, Isetan was on sale and those hbags dilambakkan begitu saja with 40-60% discount. And i grabbed a few and beregek lah i kat depan cermin, egged on by MG (yg mungkin rasa guilty kerana asyik dia je yg nak 'bertart' up). Then after about 10 minutes, i put them away and told MG that i need to think first, we'd come back for it later. But these days, it was out of sight, out of mind.
We even walked past Mac..yg mekap2nya tersusun indah pancawarna. I like the colours and MG like the colourful sales person yg selalu berbaju ketat menayangkan lurah dendam. Beli eye shadow pallete or lipstick macam warna most of the times bukan guna semua pun but saja suka tengok warna2. The day before we went to S0g0 pre-mengundi and i was admiring the Benefit packaging but i didn't get myself anything. Zilch!!!
Gosh!!! I am so not NORMAL now! I'm so practical and boringgg!
2. I don't eat much or i eat less junks. A few weeks ago, MG brought back 2 dozens of JC0 doughnuts (ni macam peace offeringlah because dia menghilangkan diri sehari suntuk kat Pavilli0n and risau i mengamuk, cam i tak tau!) and i must have had only 2 or the most 3..MG kecik hati ingat i tak sudi but i just don't feel the urge anymore (kalau boleh stay on like this forever kan bagus..tapi nanti lepas beranak mesti nafsu makan membuak2 mengalahkan orang yg ada 'membela' je). Ada satu nafsu je yg membuak2 sekarang ni tapi tak leh cakap hehe. Suffice it to say, MG goes to bed at night fearing for his 'safety' (I have without success trying to convince him that i am god's gift to most husbands..senang nak maintain sekarang ni. Makan tak banyak, lipstick tak yah beli and i'm in for a good time, anytime! OK, i'm not advertising myself here, in case anyone's wondering what 1-800 number am i registered under).
Of course, there are those bad qualities rearing their ugly heads.
1. For a start my unstoppable mouth. I can put it anyway i like assertiveness lah, outspokenesslah...i can be bloody rude. Yg cakap dan act macam badut dlm meeting nescaya akan kena or the least i'd do is to roll my eye balls. Kalau yg lembab2 dan tanya berpuluh soalan lagi i tak tahan. Kalau 2 jam meeting tu, my eye balls are at the risk of being stucked heavenwards in the sockets permanently.
2. I have lost all dress sense or paling kurang pun i'm suffering from temporary colour blindness.
Last week i came to work in brown palazzo (ni nama glamer tapi in reality seluar jerut) and purple top and tudung. While i was dressing up that morning, the lighting was dim (pasal tak nak little D terjaga), i convinced myself that brown is an earth colour, neutral so it'd go with anything. Yelah tu! I looked so like sesetengah imigran tu mak oi! One time i had that seluar jerut on again with a green top. I looked like a tree bark with massive foliage (size badan yg dipam2 ni). Yesterday, i became lazy..i ingat nak buat gaya santai..it was verging on pakaian yg tidak sesuai dipakai ke pejabat..kalu the biggest boss dtg melawat mesti dah kena warning. But of course setakat boss kecik or bos besar, they dare not mess with this one pregant lady. I had this blue cotton jersey top ala2 rugby shirt (ala Esah, yg ko bagi aku dari M&S tu) and black jerut pants. I fancied myself as one of the All Saints girls yg first sekali mengandung dulu tu (yeah, some of you might wonder sapa kah mereka..i tell you, i'm ancient). She brought this trend of pakai baju semuat2 and perut terboyak and terkinja2 kat atas stage (of course i taklah sampai flash kan perut boyak i ni and i certainly have no energy to terkinja2, but you catch my drift). She looked cute and hip. Well, i wanted to be one hip mummy...or so i thought. And i on the other hand looked just like Santa Claus (according to bos kecik). Suffice it to say, when i ventured out of my room, i had my white coat on, all the time.
2 good vs 2 bad ones. Gosh i'm near perfect.
P/S Ignore me please.

No comments:
Post a Comment