About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fat Cat Diary 3

I finally succumbed to ‘weather pressure’ and got an air-conditioning unit for the master bedroom. On the first night, i turned it on, i left the bedroom leaving the door slightly ajar since Monty uses our room as a thoroughfare to the balcony. I came back 30 minutes later and found 3 furry faces making themselves at home. Monty was on little D’s bed, Ugi lounging on the carpet and Melly hiding herself under the bed, hoping not to be found. I let them enjoy the cool breeze for another half hour or so while i did my bedtime reading and later on had to shoo them out of the bedroom. I have not problems at all about cats in bed or in the bedroom but i worry for little D. With me being an asthmatic, chances of her being one is quite high so i just have to be extra careful..well, just a bit. Of course my heart melts and i can’t say no to Monty. Him looking at me with his big brown eyes....yes, i have a soft spot for him..orang Pahang as i always call him. (We were on the way back from Trengganu for holiday, did a stopover in Kuantan and on our way to Teluk Chempedak, came across this animal clinic and the rest is history as they say. His first encounter with KL was the Ikan0 Power Centre. We were so ill-prepared for the new arrival that we had to get a cage, food, etc. for the little bundle).

On subsequent nights, Monty seems to be spending more and more time in the bedroom as opposed to the balcony. I always thought that he favours the ‘outdoors’, looking at the stars at night or lizards on the wall. But since then, the trips to the balcony became few and far between and most of the times, i would have a hard time pulling my duvet up because he’d be sprawling on it, all fats and furs. He doesn’t budge at all! Sometimes when i have to get up to tend to little D in her bed and probably disturb his slumber, he would pop his head up, twist a ear and give me a disapproving miaow. And he goes back to sleep. It tickles me that within 5 minutes of turning on the aircond, Monty would show up from wherever, licks himself clean all ready for bed. Sometimes, Ugi would try to join in the party. I could hear her head butting the bedroom door...if it was still early, i would let her in, if only for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment