About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Hectic Friday

I took longer time than i expected to hunt, collect and tabulate marks for the trainees final exam which is coming soon. PA dept pulak takde, balik S'pore, loathe to call her up and tanya kat file mana dia simpan in her computer, tapi terpaksa call jugak.
I haven't started on preparing questions for their juniors' mini test on Tuesday.
I haven't even looked at the mail/emails i received these past 2 days regarding the conference in July. I have been away at the other place i work.
To top it off, MG just informed me that the maid agent called him up to tell him that our new maid won't be arriving today after all. Punyalah makcik ni dulu promised telling us to discharge our present maid awal, yg baru ni akan tiba end of March lah etc. The present one's flight is this coming Monday. Instructed MG just now to plead to the maid to stay on for another week, to call up Airasia and bayar la brape banyak utk delay the flight. I got the agent's number and as usual, kerja2 kotor akan diserahkan kepada para isteri yg garang, especially yg pre-mature meroyan ni. Isteri2 camni lah yg akan do the dirty work and damge control : how we do it termasuklah menggunakan title/pangkat yg kurang biasa digunakan di luar waktu kerja dan mengungkit janji2 manis pelesu org itu. Antara butir percakapannya ialah:
Tahu saya ni dah sarat, saya perlukan maid no matter what. Nasib baik saya tak ikut cakap awak dan discharge maid saya minggu lepas. Ni kalau extend flight and kena bayar extra sapa nak tanggung kosnya? Saya tak kisah apa masalah awak dgn agent di sana, awak better make sure maid saya tiba sebelum end of next week.

Nampak gayanya it's going to be a late evening again at the office.

(i'm trying very hard not to harrass MG at the office to ask about the flight, outcome of discussion with present maid etc. Hope can tahan until i see him at home..

Aiyo cannotlah. I'm going to call now)

No comments:

Post a Comment