(Yes! I'm 35, 35, 35...!!! So, sue me!)
My ‘vacation’ is definitely over. Si Baung called this morning to summon me to a meeting this Friday which is my 41st day of bersenang lenang. It’s to do with the conference we’re organising. Only last night I was having palpitations when tiba2 teringat it is just 2 weeks away.
I’ve done a good deed very recently but I feel less than thrill about it. I don’t think it’s a good idea but knowing me I’m a romantic at heart, I love happy endings.. I love people getting together and live happily ever after. If I have my reservation, why did I go through with it kan??
Well…I’ve written bits and bobs about Siamang a.k.a the ex. How do I know so much about him still? Because we share mutual friends, we email once in a while and his dentist is also my friend..and you know la..with a dentist it’s like a hairdresser, at the end of the first visit, if she treats you painlessly she becomes your best friend and you tell her your life story. And she, me. Anyway, the ex is divorced with one child, now single and very available but leading a far-from-scandalous life in SA (overseas ye, bukan Shah Alam). He apparently has a girlfriend who is also a divorcee with a child but relationship not going anywhere because her son can’t accept him as a step dad. My dentist friend yg boleh dipercayai ni and bukan dari set2 Makcik Wok is convinced that he is a responsible father and a decent guy and suka memberitahu I what he gets up to each time he goes to see her. She thinks after menduda nak masuk 5 tahun, he’s ready to get married and start (re-start?) a family.
It’s just me kan, suka nak jadi match maker, suka nak sibuk2 hal percintaan org. Dpd my best friend ke sister in law I, ke brother I, semuanya tak menjadi! (Btw, all of the above persons are still single so, contact me kalau sesapa berminat nak tau dgn lebih lanjut..oh well, my bro is engaged tapi idak kawin2 pun lagi!). And I thought, hmm,,sapa yg I tau pompuan yg divorcee (apparently according to my dentist friend ini criteria Siamang)..and I teringat kat my senior colleague punya anak..and oh my god! The anak shares the same name as Siamang’s ex-wife, roughly the same age and duduk pun sama township lain seksyen je.. …what a coincidence. So, guess what la, me and my big mouth. So, I asked siamang because I thought it would be funny (if not spooky), you nak tak berkenal2an dgn so and so ni,you know what? She shares the same name as your ex and she lives bla..bla..bla..And he said yes, please he’s interested! And tanya I banyak kali pulak tu!
Damn…so, I asked my still unmarried best friend her opinion..the fact that I gatai2 tanya but now ni I don’t think it’such a good idea. I also asked her, OK, last chance, betul you taknak kat ex I ni, before I introduce kat org lain??? I may say a lot of things about this guy, that perangai ngalahkan anak piraun, mentraumakan I sampai 7 keturunan but the fact is I think he’s finally grown up and learned his lesson. And my friend said, bila lagi nak berbuat baik kat dunia ni?? Ces! (Tak kira ke yg I donate to WWF and recycle??). I asked MG and he gave me a typical guy answer. Kalau dia org bergaduh2 kang camana??? This is so like MG yg taknak langsung menjadi match maker and examplenya why my best friend is still unmarried although he knew a few unattached men e.g. his best friend last time, his mum’s neighbour’s son…this note is to MG: I hope you’re not keeping her to yourself what with you pernah mimpi dia in blue nightie, apa2 pun tunggu I mati dulu..
So, I pun call up la colleague I mak budak pompuan tu nak menanyakan anaknya. Makcik tu terlebih excited walaupun di celah2 Pasar Siti Khadijah (berchotti2 Msia) dan kerana terharunya kerana I mengingatkan anak dia, dirembatnya beberapa tudung untuk saguhati i..(yes I’m easily plaesed). Bila dah balik ke hotel, dia pun bercalling bertanyakan dgn lebih lanjut lagi mengenai gerangan si lelaki tu. Siapa dia, anak siapa, mana I kenal dia (oops, tricky question ni), kerja apa, baik ke orgnya (ni nak suruh I jawab as the disgruntled ex or wanita yg berhati mulia?)…today kat office she called me again and cakap she and her husband berharap sgt that this will come to something, dah bercupak dia doa..(oh no!). She said she hasn’t spoken to her daughter, but kalau dia bersetuju nak dikenenkan, semuanya on lah (from my observation, unlike singles yg sedap2 ambik masa nak decide to bercouple2, selalunya org2 yg dah pernah kahwin ni cepat je ke gear 5)…so, once I get her number, I will pass it on to siamang…
Then, why am I feeling less than ecstatic? Because when you are young and in a relationship yg you rasa was the whole point of your existence then and you get dumped, for many years you will feel sore about it (and this is an understatement). It does not matter that you have moved on, have a different partner & family, when teringat kat that episode in your life, you wish that your ex dapat pembalasan lah kan..kalau tak dipanah petir pun at least kalau certain part of his anatomy would shrivel and drop off pun dah cukup bagus. The last thing you want is for him to be happy and thriving. But alas bak kata kawan I tadi, bila lagi nak buat baik kat dunia ni kan?? I’m trying to handle this like a grown up, so should you. Jangan cam kata org Perak inka sangat (happy terkinja2) dah..WE ARE THE WORLD..bla…bla…

No comments:
Post a Comment