About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Selingan

I was at SK for a late lunch today (SK and now TF is where I go for some 'me' time). Anyway, got a shock of my life. Sejak bila menunya include total calories per serving? Nearly made me lost my mojo tau! (It must have affected me to some degree because I consumed 2 servings of the 'edamame" kekacang instead of the usual 1 utk cukupkan syarat). I would without fail order 'shishamo' or the pregnant fish. It was introduced to Esah and I by our friend. Over the years, friends and lovers (cewah! Terminoligy classic yg tak mau kalah)...friends and boiprens have introduced me to new food. I love sampling new food. I'm game for anything except small, furry, cute animals like rabbits..so no satay arnab please!
Let's see who introduced me what.
1. My former little boss - sushi
2. Sally - the pregnant fish
3. MSU - Korean cuisine, Dixy's fried spare ribs and some sticky, gelatinous Vietnamese sweet thingy with peanuts, Subway sandwiches and yes, how to check for water and minyak hitam levels in my car engine (eh?). One more, daging masak merah.
4. Siamang..hmm..let's see...I was fresh out of SBP and english boarding school. Tambahan pulak kat rumah my parents banyak benda yg tak masuk because my dad's tummy didn't agree to a lot of food. So I was a novice. He introduced me to - pizza hut (aku budak kg), siput sedut, nasi daun pisang, calzone and chicken chop. Mungkin ada a few others but I can't recall now.
5. Ustazah Munah - the first to introduce me to pizza. I remember we had a vegetarian one at Deep Pan in Cheltenham. I was there one Sunday aft to visit her at her school. It was back in 1992! I was so fascinated with their chili flakes and wished I had it to add some 'kick' to the bland English food back in my school.
6. Budak rumah tepi sungai - kebab. Dia scholar bank hence $$$. Selalu belanja I kebab. Ni kes ku beli chentanya dgn kebab gitu.
7. MG - roti tisu, sup cendawan (the kampung version, not campbell's) and labu lemak. Or rather my MIL did for the latter.
At SK, they have changed their way of cooking shishamo or the pregnant fish. Dulu macam smoked, sekarang ni breaded and deep fried.....sigh...Sally, it's been too long...
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

6 comments:

  1. Mak Piah pun suka gi SK...and selalu makan sengsorang. Hiks takde nak dulik orang cakap...eee banyaknya kau makan....heheh.

    Budak rumah tepi sungai ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MP, SK operators dah gila gamaknya. Asyik bagi happy hour, RM2 per plate pastu pi buh calories per serving for each, boleh? Ish MP,you set2 bekas ratu kebaya awan biru, makan idaknya naik berat. I ni usahkan kebaya, baju kurung kain garter pun tak tentu muat lagi.

      Delete
    2. Pinggan berisi berenang renang di tepian, harus disambar tanpa mengira isi kalori. Hmm..saya nengok gambar makanan sahaja dabelchin dah jadik triple chin. :). Tu lom nengok nasik sushi tu lekat kat pipi macam teklalat. Muahaha.

      Delete
  2. stem cell cap apa u makan? tengok i-young teringin juga...tapi takut kat growth factor...apefasal u makan stem cell...kan muda lagi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. H,

      The eat, sleep, breathe stem cell, misai kucing, lempoyang have nothing to do with actually consuming them. Hehe..they are my biochem assignments..
      You are right, from my new knowledge on stem cells now (ehem!) i would be quite hesitant introducing them to my body esp. due to the growth factors.

      Delete
  3. Aaahhhh... What a sweet thought. Me introducing u the pregnant fish. Don't mind temankan u bila2 u feel like pregnant again... I mean the fish!

    ReplyDelete