I can't sleep. It's that time of the year again. However, I don't get that same feelings I usually have for so many years. Maybe I've finally wise up. I've just been chasing shadows. They're only real up in my head.
But I still reminisce. Was watching Bridget Jones Diary earlier in the evening. It brought me back to where and when it was..me reading the book. It is worthy of another post since some pictures are required and I wouldn't know how to copy and paste while using this BB.
More than 10 years ago while up in Yorkshire doing my masters, me and another p.g who was also a muslim, would be on duty. From xmas eve, and two days after right till new year. The other p.gs were on holiday back in their home countries, celebrating xmas and NY. It would be a quiet time...probably just one or two cases. Most often kids who fell flat on their faces from slipping on ice.
I told Esah once that I'd be seeing her in london in spring 2013. I have always like spring. The time between the crocuses and daffodils. Probably not la next year kut bebeh, ye? Still a lot of unfinished business here. But then, once I have everything settled, there's the trip to New York I've promised to take with ustazah munah. Or before that, what about the one to Istanbul which my bff and I pledged to take once we complete our studies? But probably she'd be relieved to be 'relieved' of her pledge since baru dapat baby and striving to be ibu mithali. And just yesterday I've lured a couple of ladies from my 'mental' support group to the possibility of visiting St Petersburg before end of 2013? And I've also promised the kids, 'once mummy dah habis sekolah, kita pergi HK disneyland ok? And kita pi tengok Shrek kat Spore, nak tak?' And dlm kepala terfikir2, dah alang2 tu baik gi GoldCoast...promises promises. If only I've a stack of gold somewhere to match up to all my travel wants. But UK will be top of my list. Must revisit Yorkshire and then go across the Penines and down to county Somerset & Avon. Retrace my steps, relive those memories and put shadows to rest.
Hmm..ingatkan this year end would be different but same ol same ol.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:
Post a Comment