Anyway, about 14 years ago, i read the Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones Diary. Masa tu masih hangat di pasaran...was really into chick lit those days. Kalau sekarang ni masih membaca chick lits i rasa cam satu illusi pulak. I ingat masa tu i had finished my housemanship, tengah nak sit for part 1 professional exam. My colleagues sibuk revise i pulak sukasuki baca novel. Actually i was not prepared for it but since dah bayar exam tu kan, dok je lah. I rented a university accommodation for the 2 week period before balik Msia since i had to vacate my room at a flat.
Pictures taken from www.yelp.com


When i was a student at the university, bila i naik bas, the bus would go on the road opposite this hall of residence. I selalu terdetik kat hati, eh, nampak cozy nya bilik on the ground floor tu. Bila keluar pintu boleh terus ke lawn and lepak2. Kalau kawan datang pun boleh main ketuk2 je tingkap kasi signal. When i had the opportunity to rent a room for that short period of time from the uni (masa tu summer hols, students takde, therefore uni open to the public), I chose that hall. Because it was near to all the halal kebab shops. And what do you know? I got to stay at that room on the right. The one i've always wondered about. Tapi idaklah i bergolek gelantang kat lawn kan...dok dalam bilik bawah duvet, baca chick lit novels one after another. Just one thing about the hall, it was mixed laki pompuan.The shower and toilet cubicles separate but nun jauh at the end of the corridor. So takleh la berkemban ala2 cite Embun tu ye (I know Esah you like to berkemban ala2 PMT).
The picture below shows permandangan masa winter. Snow sungguh jarang. Kalau ada pun ala2 seinci dua yg sungguh tak worth it sejuknya. Actually, the building is dull brown in colour, bentuk pun kotak2 like many others in the UK. Tapi bila pokok berdaun, with dandelions and daisies during summer time, nampaklah cozy. Cerita ni takde 'moral of the story', but i selalu terfikir when we think hard and often about some things in life, apa yg kita hajatkan tu mungkin jadi kenyataan..it has happened to me quite a number of times. Tapi had yang nak berboiprenkan AnuarJen tu belum lah lagi jadi kenyataan....

CK,
ReplyDeletetumpang luahkan perasaan; I'm extending my study in europe for another year.. I was devastated obviously sebab dah berangan dapat sambung PhD. then I thought, maybe the good thing out of this failure, I coud spend christmas holidays with this special person ( tubist from high school, yes first love drama juga). at the end he would rather entertain and have fun with his friends.. and me linger at home in agony. 2013 will mark the 10th year of this "relationship" but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser.
-CN-
CN, i feel you adikku. Probably for 2013, you should put yourself first before others..sudah2lah dgn orang yg cannot appreciate you..
DeleteCK..
ReplyDeleteMaybe awak patut pergi vacation without him? Angkut anak2 sekali. Bila lagi kalau tak sekarang.. anyway, rasa2nya kita sebaya lah..
Vacationing as one family unit best pasal nampak muka anak2 happy..kalau i memang menggelitis nak pergi jam2 tu jugak, i selalu ajak kawan. Sekarang ni payah sikit because 'travel bff' got hitched. Mungkin in 1-2 years time, i can just take the kids with me because diaorang dah besar sikit and tak banyak peel.
Delete