About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ramblings - cats

I have been feeding the neighbourhood stray cats. Well, just one or two are strays. The rest, which can number between 6 to 8 are the neighbours'. Some people keep them as pets, peluk2 and sayang2 but fail to provide them with adequate food. Spaying and neutering apatah lagi..one of the neighbours who is a nice lady mind you, is one of those whose extent of love for her cats is in the form of leftover nasi and kepala ikan. I have also found keropok lekor and macd's fries in the cats' food bowl. No fresh water. Once she made a remark to my maid, 'oh..kucing akak makan kat tempat CK ye?' A little thanks or pura2 malu would be the right thing to do. My maid said dia tersengih2 bila cakap tu. My maid replied tersely, 'yes Kak CK beli 10kilo makanan setiap bulan'. New kittens that she has must be around 4 months. Two are calico and tortie. Hmm female. Kena tangkap soon and send for spaying. Kalau tak nanti bertambah lagi 'unwanted anak luar nikah', yang akan mati kena langgar, kena torture dgn budak2 or bunuh dgn stray dogs. The polite thing to do is to seek her permission to send her cats to the vet. Do you think she'd care? Or worse, what if she says no? The mama cat and her kittens have at least 2 meals at my house. Some days are happy hour- they get wetfood to eat to their heart's content. Heck, I even feed them kitten kibbles to ensure they grow up with enough nutrients. So, please don't tell me that I have no right to ensure they do not turn into baby making machine. And yes, I'm not always polite..so I won't be asking the owner's permission - that's what I did to their mama. Now she is living a healthy happier life. Can tell from her shiny coat and no more bones jutting from her pelvic region.
Anyway to 2LDB, I'm deeply honoured that you thought of me when looking for potential adopter for the lovely persian cat. However, I would have to decline walaupun hati berat because I simply do not have the capacity to care for another one...nak introducekan to 2 ekor alpha kat rumah ni being one of them. I am also keeping my options open in case I need to foster or adopt any cats in need. Thanks once again. I hope the kucing bertuah tu akan dapat forever home that fills with much love, food and cuddles.

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

4 comments:

  1. If you are feeding the cats 2 times a day, dah macam your cat tu. Kalau i duk kesian tgk die asik memboyot je, I'll send them to be neutered too. Nak buat sesenyap susah la kut, pelik la owner nanti kenapa kucing die togel dan berjahit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dils, just bebaru ni, her kids (yg dah teenagers) picked some kittens. Letak dlm cage, luar rumah without any food (no free feeding la kut). My maid kesian, terbongkok2 nak bagi kibbles. Kena sergah dgn anak dia and cakap, 'bibik, jangan ambik kucing saya!'. Maid i of course sentapss la kan. Buat apa nak ambik kucing depa, yg dah besar tu pun lepak rumah kitaorg je pasai tempat depa takdak makanan. Hangin i!

      Delete
  2. aik.. terkasima kejap, nama I termasuk kat dalam entry you. Takpe CK. Kita lakukan mana yang termampu.

    Pasal kucing jiran tu.. hantar aje pegi spay/neuter. Nampak gayanya the real tuan bukanlah orang yang cukup bertanggungjawab :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang you. Tapi anak2nya tak putus2 kutip stray cats. I yg naik tension because kutip je tapi kasi makan tah hapa2.

      Delete