About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ceramah pagi Sabtu

It’s 11am already and like any other Saturdays before, I always start off with making plans to make my weekend full of activities (I know what you’re thinking Esah Jolie oi..not the behind closed doors kind). Before Mr Gig left for his part time job teaching at one of the private colleges I informed him that I may be going out later in the afternoon: to look for bits and bobs but basically nothing important….going out is a chore for me. I worry that I may be turning into a very boring 30 something person…I dislike the preparation I have to make to go out…for a start, taking a shower (I’m sure you can guess that at this very moment I haven’t, although I have just bathed Princess Boyot), iron baju, pakai contact lens, and all the other bits and bobs to the face. The option of going out in just jeans (which I don’t own at all..do they make it in my but size???) and tshirt although it appeals to me (because aku selalu ingat aku ni 20kgs lighter than my actual weight) I am not brave enough to spot that look or to go just in my glassess..aku tak cute like some people tu..mengertik?? Is it because I am a married woman that I would rather go out with dearest darling hubby (dah nak termun. dah ni)? No, daripada zaman anak dara (yg tak berapa dara) tu pun, I hardly go out…if I’m back in Msia for holiday, dalam sebulan probably I bagi salam kat matahari dua kali je kut…In my relationship, MG’s the one that likes merendek to shopping complexes..i go along with him when he nags me. At other times, I’m quite happy staying in, surfing the tv channels, read, sleep (utmost favourite) or baking (so simple to make doughnuts). I guess I’m just one boring person….

I had to chop off some of Princess Boyot’s hair while bathing her just now. After being spayed, her hair/fur had almost doubled from the original length. Her temper is worse than the Taming of the shrew woman therefore sending her for grooming is not an option. Feline makes good company (Bella anytime you want to have a feline encounter, can always come over to my place). Bila my friends or neighbours tengok my cats, diaorg pun teringin nak bela sekor dua and this always agitates me..you know why??? Unless one knows the responsibility and commitment that are involved in taking care of them and prepare to face it..it’s not for everyone..kalau tak menderitalah kucing tu nanti.

For a start, the financial implication. Cats need good food…I’m afraid cat food brand commercial kat tv tu is mostly not good enough. Like us, kita mesti makan benda yg berzat that has all the carbs, proteins, vitamins etc. We won’t be healthy kalau makan junk food je kan? Cat food brand kat tv tu can be likened to cat junkfood. Tak cukup berzat. Good premium cat food costs about RM70 per 4 kg bag, that for my family, lasts about one month. Than the cats have to be kept indoors..without being caged much better. Kalau kat luar nanti kena langgar, catnap etc. Dah dok kat dalam rumah, you must provide some sort of ‘gym’ for them supaya they don’t get bored. $$ lagi. They need annual vaccinations, vitamins, deworming and have to be brought to the vet kalau sakit. Since dah dok kat rumah, kena provide litter (toilet) pulak. Their litter costs me about RM50 monthly.

Time wise, someone has to clean their toilet at least once a day. Pas tu rambut yg cam pontianak kusut masai tu kena sikat, telinga kena cuci kalau tak ear mites bersarang…dulu masa takde little D, gigi diaorg pun I berus (because I tak tahan dengar bebelan the vet complaining about their inflammed gums..if only he knew what I do for a living hehe..)..termasuklah trim kuku diaorg (ni extra la). Since they are indoor cats, once a day they have to be taken out to play..supervised walks…Princess Boyot kena pakai harness pasal she has the tendency to go wandering pas tu tak tau balik. Monty can go out on his own because he’s too scared to venture far. Ugi sampai luar pintu je..pun penakut jugak.
Healthy cats can live up to 15-18 years…so unless one is prepared to take care of them in sickness and in health….sometimes I see people yg takde anak ambik bela kucing..bila wife pregnant mulalah mengelabah nak buang kucing or bagi kat orang..takut kucing tu bawak penyakit kat pregnant woman. Yes they may but it’s not absolute contraindication, there are precautions one may take. When you take care of cats, they see you as their surrogate mum..of course they get upset bila kena berpisah, wouldn’t we, if we are separated from our family? Cats have been found to have IQ level budak umur 2,3 tahun, so don’t think that they are dumb.

Moral of the ceramah Makcik Kiah Kidman pagi ni:
1.Cats are for life, not prepared to pledge yours, then don’t keep one.
2.One must be able to afford the time and $$. Nasi gaul dgn ikan goreng just won’t do.
3.They must be spayed or neutered supaya takde anak2 kucing yg terbiar nanti dan menambahkan populasi stray cats.
4. They need love (don’t we all?) so providing food and shelter only won’t do.
Ada apa2 soalan??

P/S Esah Jolie, hamboi ko main lagi menyindir aku kat blog ko ye….tapi takpe, makcik maafkan. Ingatkan nak tulis pasal topic chenta dan relationship (pasal jantan la, apalagi) tapi tersasul pasal penjagaan kucing pulak. Stay tune, chenta dan relationship shall be topic ceramah ke-2 (I feel sooo like Oprah).

No comments:

Post a Comment