About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Monday Blues

Today is Tuesday but i'm still having a hangover from my Monday blues. It could also be that time of the month but i refused to put the blame on my being a woman and how the body system works biologically. I have decided that my existing problems are caused by men. (And to smug men out there who may happen to come across this entry and thinking 'she's not getting it'..well wouldn't you like to know?)..it's no surprise that some women prefer to be with their own kind because men can be at times annoying..and what's more infuriating is how they refused to budge from their stupidity.
1. I'm bloody pissed off with this guy at work..(and i'm sure being the nosy parker that he is, sometimes infringing on my privacy, he may be reading as i write). I came to him with a problem regarding another friend of ours. I told him that if i regard someone as my friend, this surpasses the expectation i may have from acquaintances or colleagues. I expect loyalty from my friends. Well this so called guy friend went on and on about there's no loyalty in this world etc. I said, please concentrate, i'm talking about me here. To which he replied, yes, it's always about you, so selfish. I asked, what's your problem? Of course we expect loyalty among friends, families, spouses etc. He said, he can't or he won't even expect loyalty from his wife.
I think i can understand where he's coming from....this guy who's even younger than i am, is experiencing premature mid-life crisis. He seems to like people to speculate or talk about him that he may/may not having a girlfriend..may be not to that extent of having a serious extramarital affair but to want others to see him as being a 'player' or still desirable to women despite midline spread or receding hairline. So why he said no one can expect any loyalty from anyone, i suspect is only to justify his lousy actions regarding his not so subtle aspirations.
2. I have been trying to get these two guys from the Computer Support dept to install the SPSS package to my work computer but sampai la ni tak dapat! They seem to be busy tah kat dept mana tah and nak mintak diaorg datang to my office is like menunggu Anuar Zain datang pinang i. And in the meantime i can't get on with what i'm supposed to be doing.
3. Of course this is not a man..it's my mother. I got to know from my cousin who is very closed to me and who reports mostly what my mum is up to, to me. I'm an excuseholic..i'm not a good dutiful daughter who'd call the mum every few days if not daily. I come up with all sorts of excuses to myself when in actual fact i hate to admit that i don't enjoy talking on the phone to my mother. The fact being my mum has undergone religious transformation and the phone conversation is never without nasihat, bebelan etc. which make me all more defiant. Anyway, my mum thought that i should have made a big bash of little D's birthday...better if we actually held the party kat padang kanak2 kat depan rumah because it's the only way 'to get to know the neighbours'. It irks me that instead of saying it to my face when i informed her of little D's proposed cupcake eating contest (between the 4 of us only), she had to tell my cousin of what she thinks about it. My defense is that:
a) Little D is too young to appreciate a bash with unfamiliar faces..mesti dia akan bergayut kat aku je.
b) Buat apa bazir duit to just be popular among the neighbours...bukannya aku banyak duit pun.
c) Now ni musim hujan, camna nak buat kat tengah padang.
d) Kalo buat tengah padang nanti kang ada pulak org kata nak menunjuk.
e) Nak buat kat rumah, kerusi nak duduk ada 4 bijik je and carpet 1.
f) I like my privacy..i like the fact that i can smile or sembang with immediate neighbours but i don't expect much or i don't aspire to be the 'neighbourhood goddess'. The more aloof i seem to be the better because i prefer people not to know what i do (more importantly) and sapa pompuan tembam dgn rambut kusut masai main dgn kucing kat luar rumah tu petang2.
g) Mum, i don't need excuses..i will do as i please.

No comments:

Post a Comment