About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Monday, February 4, 2008

3 cats and a litte lady

Little D is going to be 2 in April. Nevertheless she is showing her terrible two characteristics more and more these days. Other than exerting her independence any way she can with me for e.g. nak suap makan sendiri, nak pegang cawan sendiri, she is a tough toddler. Jatuh terlepuk and kepala langgar dinding pun no hal. Kena cakar dgn Ugi pun tak kisah. She has this funny habit of suka tanggal seluar and pakai pampers je and kalau org Perak kata suka beregek depan cermin and sengih2 (ikut sapa agaknya tu? Definitely not the mummy yg malas mandi ni). Last week, she put on the tasbih and pergi jalan2 kat taman, and that thing was still around her neck until bed time. Canggih ke tak anak aku ni?? When we have visitors over at our place, she’ll show them 10 ways of torturing the cats.

She can say:
Adi for daddy
Elly for Melly
Ti for Monty
Jee for Ugi
Tatak for kakak
Mak for nak
Yayang for sayang
But for mummy, it’s ney-ney..and you can guess what it is short form of.

Melly had a recurrence of urinary tract infection last week. She went to the toilet every few minutes, I took her to UPM, she was prescribed two weeks supply of macam2 jenis tablets that had to be taken twice a day. After one week, which was yesterday, I have finally given up feeding her the tablets. She hasn’t been cooperating at all and it’s so bloody stressful for me! She seems allright now, toilet habit has gone back to normal. The vet recommended that she be put on a special diet. Since the cats are not caged, the other two healthy ones have to share the same diet…muka masing2 monyok je 2,3 hari in the beginning, and tak mau makan. Tak sedap agaknya. Not that it worries me the slightest bit because frankly speaking they need to lose some weight. Anyway, she was also given some sort of supplement that contains some omega thingy as homeophatic approach (also good for their coat)…aiyo, kena syringe masuk mulut. I buat 2 hari saja, pas tu I give up. So sesapa yg nak this supplement for their cats or dogs, let me know and I will happily give it away for free (I think it costs nearly 30 bucks). I would usually be the one who combs her hair, bathe her once in a while and make sure that she gets fresh drinking water each time I’m in the kitchen. Not mentioning the one to supervise her walkies every evening…..but she’d choose Mr Gig to have ‘conversations’ with…memang lupa daratan betul!

Aahhhh..but Monty is a typical mummy’s boy. He would just look at me with his beady eyes, his chin resting in between the palm of my hand and sometimes with his saliva dribbling. I swear that sometimes he would press his nose into my hand and inhaling my scent. He is becoming more and more demanding for attention. The time between maghrib and isya prayers where I baring lepak2 atas katil will be his time to menagih all the urut2 and ear scratches etc. He would also jump on me during the night all 6kgs of him and about 2.5 feet in length from his head to the tip of his tail. The kindergarten kids next door would always go ‘ Cikgu! Musang!’ or ‘Cikgu! Anjing!’ Despite his size, he’d be the one to pee in his carrier basket even before we start the car engine on his annual trips to the vet. He is going to get confused again when the new baby comes like he had to go through when little D was born. He just couldn’t understand why he wasn’t allowed in bed.

Ugi conquers the sofa every night without fail. She’d wedged herself in between the cushions of the two seater sofa and of course I don’t have the heart to move her. Pantang org bangun sekejap nak pi minum ke, dia cepat2 naik atas sofa and terlentang. She has this habit of jumping onto the dining table each time I get home from work….i think sometimes she shares my drinks yg I letak atas meja terdedah pun.

Soon, the new baby will join the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment