Last Monday was my first day back at work (officially) from my maternity leave. Tiba je I tengok bilik I banjir although the dept.’s reception area lagi teruk. First thing I did was to look up at the ceiling, tak pulak nampak damp patch cam dlm Dark Water tu. Jangan tak tau, this building we’re occupying is so old in fact we’re the second owner. Bocor sana bocor sini, tadah air hujan ngan baldi lagi kenkadang. There was once where a colleague obtained a room for his office slyly..bilik yg besar siap ngan split level aircond lagi. He sort of ‘chased’ the previous occupant away dgn segala mala hujah pada boss why the room should be his. Nak dijadikan cerita, one morning datang kerja he discovered that the ceiling roboh meninggalkan lubang terlopong! Padan muka pun kan. Anyway, we got the maintenance men to come and they found out that the puddle datang dari bilik I …. There’s a kepala paip in my room yg telah dibuka. The men looked at me suspiciously, must be thinking that aku lah yg buka paip utk mandi manda kut masa weekend. Apa diaorg ingat I nak simulate mata air ke kat dinding bilik I ?? I didn’t even realize ada kepala paip kat bilik I tu (in my defense, it was hidden behind my coat stand). I was OK, no Monday blues whatsoever…coming to work was muccccchhh better than staying at home with Little D yg masih tak boleh attend her nursery because of the pox. I’m not cut out to be a stay-at-home mum..
Then I discovered that the kolam ikan yg I dok pertahankan sangat tu dah dikeringkan airnya..hopefully for some repair and renovation work. I don’t even dare ask what’s happened to the fish yg saki baki tu..jadi aruah dah kut.
I needed something to do that Monday morning..apa org kata? To get the momentum?? Then I remembered the weekend before about stumbling across open burning kat area rumah I …bunyi cam serious sangat kan? Well, anyway, I am very sensitive to smoke ngalahkan smoke detector unit lagi. Kalau sebatu pun hidung I dah rasa gatal2. Just imagine, that Saturday driving back from somewhere adala kebun pasang siap ni (yg baru2 ni dilaunchkan oleh PM kita), I nampak ada dua tiga longgok api and berasap2 coming from there. Yes, you can launch whatever scheme under the sun but jgn lah pulak merosakkan alam sekitar. Of course it got my knickers in a twist. So I surfed the net nak cari contact no. ministry yg helped to launch that scheme. Call kali ke setengah dozen baru ada org angkat and was passed to this ‘kakak’. When I started to air my grouses, nicely of course, kita pun professional kan, takkan nak marah2 tak tentu pasal. But this akak ni gelak sindir2 pulak and said to me ‘eh, takkan yg itu pun kitaorg nak jaga’. All I asked was how the farm waste was supposed to be disposed. Obviously la I pun mula la fed up ‘hello! You all lancarkan this scheme that scheme tapi takde set rules and regulations’. Akak tu pun passed me on to another officer sampai siap nak bagi hp no. that officer lagi (perli la ni of course). That officer said to me, ‘kami tak galakkan penduduk buat pembakaran terbuka’ to which I replied, ‘puan, the keywords here should not be tak galakkan, it should be tak benarkan!’ Just imagine, yg tu baru satu kelompok rumah gomen, berapa banyak kelompok rumah gomen ada kat tempat I ni?? When jerebu time, we keep blaming the poor Indons.
Somehow I wasn’t convinced when she said that they’ll have a word with the residents. I resorted to writing to a local newspaper to complain (if only I am this committed to writing academically, dah lama I ni dah bertaraf Prof uols!) but sampai la ni tak dipublish..is it because I mengutuk scheme gomen ke?? My colleagues think that I ni kes meroyan..

No comments:
Post a Comment