About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pyromaniacs watch out

I had my suspicions. Semenjak kebelakangan ni bila menjelang malam je hidung I mula gatal2. You know what, I blamed it on the Indonesians, or the peat fires in Selangor and made worse by the non-existent rain. KL hujan almost everyday but masuk sini je, not a drop. Semenjak I berkarier baru ni, I have to take another road to get to my destination. Today, because of the course I had to attend, I tiba rumah dekat nak maghrib. When I passed tepi kebun you all, there it was, the fire you all created in all its glory. I was fuming mad! I considered driving straight to the police station…but it’d be too hasty. Not long ago, I reported about what you guys did (although this evening’s ‘bornfire’ was the mother of it all) but being the silly me, I reported it to the wrong department. Yes, I was laughed at but at least I let it off my chest to some government officer and poor her for being at the receiving end. I also wrote to the newspaper but of course I was criticising a govt’s policy…not surprising it didn’t get published (sent to the wrong newspaper).
We bought this house because of its township…it’s spacious, lots of greeneries, no ugly house renovations, low crime rate, basically no eye sore lah….until now. This little house is causing us an arm and a leg, I have to travel nearly an hour to work everyday…but hey it’s OK, the neighbourhood is clean, little pollution since they aren’t many vehicles on the road and serene….as one neighbour of mine had told me, her chronic sinus problem cleared up when she moved here from OKR..and she was a Chinese (101% if you know what I mean) who didn’t mind living in an area predominantly Malays as her health got better. So did mine..
When Pak Lah launched the bumi hijau, OK la, nak tolong orang2 gomen save money. Berkebun lah you all kat tengah2 pekan. It’s Ok, as long as you people are happy dapat save duit, anak ada belanja ke sekolah. Tak kisahlah kan, walaupun in the process some green area had to be sacrifised in the process. Some kebun I see amat mencacatkan pemandangan. Dengan guni plastik baja merata2 and nak kata kebun, nampak cam tak berbela. It’s still OK, lantak koranglah tak kacau deria I yg lain…but when It comes to open burning, menambahkan pollution, jerebu, global warming, SORRY 3 lori. I can’t compromise the health of my children who may be prone to getting asthma and sinusitis like their mum. Sampai bila I kena ambik anti-histamines???
I did the rational thing just now. I got home, called up the DOE and filed a formal complaint. Tomorrow, I’m going to call up the Corporation (badan ‘polisi’ yg menjaga keharmonian bandar bestari ni kononnya) and do the same. They may laugh, they may not take me seriously. In the meantime, I will be taking pictures of you guys in action. I mean war…you pyromaniacs of Precinct 9G, consider yourselves warned.


No comments:

Post a Comment