About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mak tiri Bawang Merah

I'm a mean mum. I am tough with my kids..mungkin pasal terlampau banyak bekerja ngan budak2 day in day out and some of their antics do drive me up the wall. I keep reminding myself not to expect my kids to be perfect..they are only 3 plus and 1 plus...like little D for instance, i can't understand why when i ask her nicely dia tak ikut and bila dah i tinggikan suara baru nak buat. I also have to remind myself tangan jangan cepat naik (cubit). How some people can discipline their kids without tangan pun i tak tau..probably theirs are good, dah dijampi2 masa dlm perut lagi, which i failed to do. I consistently apply segala neka behaviour management techniques like positive reinforcement la, negative reinforcement la, extinction la what have you..tapi tak jalan sangat..

Anyway, this evening memang ada drama. The kids have asthma although just mild. Bila demam or time2 sejuk musim hujan macamni kengkadang ada wheezing. Their doctor put them on ventolin and becotide inhalers. And they have the chamber whenever they need to use the inhalers. Time and time again i reminded the kids not to play dgn benda alah tu, jangan tembak nyamuk or Udi using the inhaler (esp. the becotide, mahal siut RM48 sebijik). And don't dismantle the chamber lest some bits get missing. Just now, when i wanted to use it on Little D, tengok2 the rubber bung where the inhaler should be inserted was missing. I searched high and low sambil mulut mengomel. I was annoyed at my maid because to me dia patut control bebudak tu petang tadi when they were playing with it (she told me the kids berebut antara diaorg). Then i got annoyed at little D because dia sengih thinking it was all so funny bila i tonggeng2 bawah katil. Memang telinga pun dipiat, masih tak nangis lagi so i threatened that selagi tak jumpa benda tu, jangan harap dia nak tidur sebilik dgn i because i so do not want to hear her wheezing at night and not be able to do anything (saja nak jadi kejam padahal i ada mesin nebuliser tu should it get worse hehe). She cried and screamed for daddy, baru puas hati i.

That chamber thing costs RM80, not cheap but of course kalau tak jumpa kena la pi beli baru esok. I want the kids to appreciate that some things boleh buat main but some things should be left alone. Bila time2 i takde rumah tu, maid la yg patut control..so bila i piat si little D, itu ditujukan jugak kat my maid ala2 pukul anak sindir menantu la ni. A few months back, she became the menantu again because dia biarkan budak2 tu main with the hand sanitiser sampai lesap entah ke mana. OK la no big deal benda tu regenya tak sampai pun 4 inggit but that time was during the peak of H1N1, all pharmacy kat tempat ni kehabisan benda tu. Mana tak i mengomel kan?

In the meantime, kat mana la rubber bung tu menyorok??

2 comments:

  1. Dear CK,

    Kadang2 tu marah dulu, lepas tu baru nyesalkan? Aku le tu...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ina,
    Memang! Especially yg nangis2 sampai tertidur, nampak innocent je..

    ReplyDelete