About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'm recovering

I nearly lost it this week. I looked at my kids and thought, what the heck have I been doing for the last 2 years? I had all these good intentions of trying to improve myself as an academic but things were not meant to be smooth sailing. My character and credibility were questioned. I was nearly not given the chance to speak up. But then what the heck! 1. I could have just sat there and listen to all the accusations and let my week be spoilt or even for the rest of my working days 2. Get up n leave n quit the programme 3. Speak up and be damned. I chose the last option. I must say that it felt good....I will not be messed about anymore. I attacked the establishment calling it full of 'pettyness'. Berani cakap2 belakang sahaja n when one is in trouble, don't hesitate to throw another person under the truck. In my case, I was that person.

DV asked why didn't I go to him with the problems? Well, that's integrity for you sir..unlike your group of staff that would snitch whenever they feel cornered.

Suffice it to say, I left his office, feeling good. I care nought what he thought of me then but I managed to speak up. And I told him so that this is after many months if not at least a year of bottling up my feelings.

I'm recovering, physically. I hope for better days to come.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

3 comments:

  1. Good for you sis. Memang kena speak up jugak.Nanti orang buli kita. Tak rela dibuli hahah. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    :)

    Arena,
    Ibarat getah 'zero point', lama2 putus jugak..

    ReplyDelete