About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Let's talk about maids baby..let's talk about yours and mine..

I sekarang ni kat opis...i didn't meet last week's target, hence...it's so sunyi at the office on Sundays...no cleaners, no maintenance workers..adakah i sungguh berani sebenarnya? Oh tidak...at 9am, i whatsapp my colleagues tanya who'd be going in, so bertemanlah saya ni. Strange, masa kat UK dulu idak le i seriau nak stay back sensorang kat lib or lab after office hours. Tapi kat sini...

Anyway, this morning before i left home, muka maid i berseri2 bila i bagitau dia next month we all akan naikkan gaji dia mengikut yg telah dipersetujui dgn Indon govt..cewah, sungguh menurut perintahkan? Actually memang we have decided on it because MG thought we should since by the end of the year we'd be moving out to a bigger place, hence more to do and take care of. But not this soon. I supposed we could just ignore the statement made on the news, but my maid is very sharp. She reads and listens to the news all the time...ok la it's my fault that she has a tv in her room (I asked her to humbankan tv bujang laki i yg takde remote kat b@ngla sapu sampah. Dia lagi pandai, baik bawak masuk bilik dia. But of course i yg paling 'pandai', i went and bought her a good indoor aerial). We also let her keep her own passport seperti yg diarahkan oleh J.immigration and we pay her salary monthly. She also has a handphone. Other people might say that we all ni dah kena kencing, but i just want her to be happy because without her, i wouldn't want to imagine what i'd have to go through right now. I need her more than she needs me...nowadays, maid like her is in high demand. So dengan  cara apa lagi yg i boleh 'beli' dia selain dari wang ringgit? I'm glad MG is with me on this, kenkadang terover generous with paying her one month bonus come raya..(woiii bininya bonus takde ke?)

Her day starts at 6.30am and ends at around 9.30pm. That's more than 12 hours..she cleans, cooks and look after the kids. She doesn't take every weekend off. Petang2 dia bawak anak2 i ke playground and here is where she meets up with the other Indon united. She told me that life was hard for her at her kampung. Pagi naik bukit ambik upah tuai tembakau, petang pergi dusun and malam buat kerja rumah orang. She doesn't own any lembu or kambing let alone a house. So, doing housework all day is nothing in comparison.I don't take her on holidays unless if MG tak dapat ikut sama...kalau bawak dia bertambah $$ because kena book extra room but she herself prefers to stay at home and chill. Of courselah kalau bawak gi holiday tu maknanya working holiday for her..baik dok rumah and tengok astro and pergi berlibur dgn kengkawannya kat shopping complex. People say jangan bagi muka kat maid, jangan bagi guna hp, jangan bagi keluar rumah, jangan bagi cuti and a lot of other jangans. But they are people too...employee bukannya slave. Then bila maid curi2 buat those listed under 'jangans' maam naik hantu. I have had my fair share of bad maids and not so good ones. Ada yg suka melawan cakap, ada yg suka bawak anak i jenjalan tengah panas terik pasal dia nak bersosial, ada yg tak bagi anak i makan and ada yg sikit2 nak balik rumah abang dia come hail or storm. But alhamdulillah, none had been jenis tangan panjang. I have been lucky with this one so far...my relationship with her is only based on trust..she can run away anytime with any of our things. I have a friend yg malam2 kunci rumah dia simpan kat bilik tidurnya and it's a no no area for his maid. I berdoa bercupak yg takde ribut melanda where she is concerned.

I pity her also...she has to leave her kids with the youngest being the same age as mine. She has no harta benda...i keep telling her, kumpul duit beli harta, jangan harapkan laki. Now she has barang kemas serba berdiri i tell you! Kalah maamnya...

Anyway, sebagaimana i menghargai budinya dengan my family, i hope she appreciates too yg i masuk kategori exemplary employer...tu dia nak puji diri sendirik jugak tu...

4 comments:

  1. Apa eleh eleh? Nak kena lastik?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taknak maid, I nak orang suruhan, hahahaha, *perasan bos*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ambik jin la..nescaya don't talk back..gaji pun murah je..you bagi dia teloq ayam je

    ReplyDelete