About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sports illustrated

Ani BNS reminded me last night that my 'assignment' is due in...this referring to a new post..demanding sangat, hokay! Esah tak keriau2 this past one week sebab dirinya tengah gumbira memadu kasih. Tapi sesekali tu timbullah statusnya di fb 'saya kena orat kaw kaw dgn taxi drebar'. My suggestion to you would be: bila naik taxi, buat muka garang sikit like I have no time for nonsense. Pura2 cakap kat tefon sepanjang masa supaya dia tak ajak you berayat2 chenta atau share secret dia yg ada 14 anak tanpa pertolongan dari jamu pasak bumi. Pastu hentikanlah perbuatan mendermakan cekelatku kpd drebar taxi and last but not least...udah2 le pakai mini seket or hot pants kau tu...pakai niqab jo.
Every Saturday Little D ada swimming class. Since 'orang rumah' I ke pasar, I lah yg kena bertugas pepagi Sabtu tu. Its way too early for me...to mandi, bersiap and look presentable like everyone else's mummies. Anyway, lepas tu I berangan yg satu hari nanti she'd be discovered by a scout. Had my hopes high because both she and baby X are no strangers to water since little. Ni kononnya masuk swimming class ni utk fine tuning lagi. And I kononnya nak just take a backseat and do my work on my laptop (so okd fashion tak bergaya ok! Orang bawak ipek je..yg kita ni lappy walaupun tak gedabak).
Akan tetapi...bila menengokkan si Little D tu, I couldn't really see NurulHudaAbdullah in the making. Lembikkkkk je aksinya...pastu posing2 ayu kat atas tebing. She looked more like a mermaid (out of 'Legally Blond'..kalau wujud)..lemah gemalai je. She'd fare better in a ballet class. Coach cakap kat depan and she'd be distracted by something else. Last2 I jadi cam helicopter mum...hovering closed by..telling her what to do. Ish! I've become one of those mums yg lebih kuah dari sudu! But saving grace is, she's not scared of water. Suruh jump, she'd jump, even at the deep end. Dalam kereta on the way home, I said to her, 'little D, nak belajar dancing tak?' And she gave me this weird look. Then I went on and on why she has to be good at a skill be it swimming, dancing, horse riding, running, piano etc. bec. it will determine which school she goes to form 1 esok..be it the one kat ofis daddy, dekat F1 sepang sinun ke (this is so fine coming from former orang bukit who does not want to have anything to do with the school OGA)... Then I sambung merepek lagi about how if one comes from a good school, chances nak dapat scholarship to good universities are higher...and while I was yakking budak tu blink2 je kat I and continued eating her waffles. Arghhhh! I have become a Tiger Mum! And I always tell myself to chill and to live and let live. Biorr je budak tu decide what she wants to do. Doesn't have to be academically inclined. My mum was never (a tiger mum) one...sib baiklah all of us turned out ok. But the world is so competitive now..!! Masa kecik2 dulu manale I ada peluang pun..nak swimming, horse riding etc. I asked MG what he was active in. Any pakaian seragam or sports..ye lah kut2 boleh mentor anaknya tu. I was never good at sports but I made up by being actively involved in the girl guide. And I did take up tennis, golf (sports for dropouts kata budak2 sekolah I dulu). You main sports tak, I tanya. Tak. You active in cadet police? Tak. Bomba? Tak. Bulan sabit, scout, band? Tak. Laaa! You takde masuk pakaian seragam ke? Ada, katanya. Chippendale!
Acik pitam uols!
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

7 comments:

  1. kiah....sorry i tergelak besaq baca yang chippendale tuh kekekek.

    i was gud (kononlah kan)at netball...wakil sana sini masa skolah...tapi anak i...ohhhhh dia tamau netball.

    nak blajar music, i antar separuh jalan dia nak berenti sbb 'no soul in guitar' katanya.

    nih nak piano plak...i cakap wait till u betoi betoi ready no more separuh jalan tau.

    antar swimming sepruh jalan gak...cikgu ngajor kat depan...dia x denagr...denagn syokj sendiri dia buat hal dia...aduhhhh but that was 2 years back. end of this year, will start again....hopefully okay lah kan sbb makin besar, boleh pikir.

    phewww! okaylah tuh cukuplah bebelan i hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itulah I keep telling myself not to push the kids but a lot of the times I feel they're wasting all these opportunities given to them. I dulu mana ada peluang...either my parents couldn't afford it or kat my small hometown takde kelas2 tu.

      Delete
  2. Takot tau baca tiger mum by amy chua. I wonder how i would turn out if my parents were as tiger as her. I cepat stress, mau i bunohan diri kene constant pressure cemggitu. If your little missus have strong character I see no harm in becoming a little bit pushy for their own good anyway.

    Betuah lah you kawin ngn ex-chippendale. Huhuhu. Bukan senang nk carik.

    +Micha+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh dia pun bertuah dapat I tau...I ex-cheer leader...hahahaha!

      Delete
  3. Chippendale tu menatang apa Cik Kiah?? *blonde*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adik beradik Alvin & the chipmunks...ineceng je....:)

    ReplyDelete