
Anak beranak taking afternoon nap (2 years ago).
Ever the big sister, when Little D was 1 plus.

Humouring the kids ( 2 years ago).
The dr said that she'd have to be sedated to ease handling. I asked her if I could take PB out onto the grass area before she was warded. I didn't want her last sunshine to be yesterday's. Once sedated, she is not 'whole' anymore...she might not even recover.
I took off the top of her carrier. She raised her upper body...her lower half was useless. She looked around taking interest of things around her. She strained her neck towards some grass. I recognised those as being her favourite. I pulled out a few and dangled them at her while she took some bite. I talked to her.
PB, mummy kena tinggalkan sayang kat sini. Dr nak bagi sayang baik. But kalau PB dah letih sangat, it's ok...please just go..you don't have to worry about us. We'll be ok. Mummy sayang sangat dekat PB.
I stroke her head and her chin. I kissed the top of her head and inhaled her musty smell a few times. I put the top of her carrier back. She meowed in protest. I took it off again. I kissed her and touched her nose. I wish I could have more time with her.
Back at the clinic, I asked the vet's assistant if I could leave the towel PB's been using with her. I want her to have a familiar smell close to her. Also its thicker than what they're using. I don't want her to feel cold.
Be good PB...jangan marah2. Mummy sayang, esok kita jumpa lagi. The assistant wheeled her away.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

sedihnyee
ReplyDeleteI cried
be strong PB & Mommy PB
Stay strong CK u hv given ur very best
ReplyDeleteCK, Sabar banyak2.
ReplyDeleteIm sure she knows you ( and her human sisters) love her meuoocchhh. Tuhan je la yang membalas what u ve done to her.
I can always be the chest for you to lay on.
Ani BNS
Group hugs naa......I will let you be the sabdwich filler...
ReplyDeleteSedihhh.. She is so fluffyyy.. Really hope that she will get well and if not at least she will go in peace and without pain :( .
ReplyDeleteHow old is her ye? Rase macam nak balik rumah and peluk my own kucing gemok kat rumah tu.
most of the time i always laugh aloud reading this blog... but this time it's really stirred my emotions.. be patients... it will not be easy but you already try your best...
ReplyDeleteBe strong....*and join the group hugs* rad
ReplyDelete