About Me

My photo
I'm forty and (not) loving it.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nak cite sepital tapi melalut

Little D kena admit masuk sepital pagi tadi. She's been unwell since last weekend. At first i thought it was just the regular flu..a bit of cough and runny nose. As for the chesty cough, nothing cannot be fixed with the nebuliser. Well, she had 3 last night in the span of 2 hours and still she was wheezing with some slight crepitus (ada macam crackling sound when she inhales). Took her back to the paed and the good dr said, masuk ward ye? Alahaiiii...ni yg lemah ni. A few weeks ago i was just thinking how lucky i am that none of my children kena masuk sepital sebelum ni. i guess i was just tempting fate.

So, i was at the hospital from 9am and my relief came at 830pm, itupun selepas bertelefon, you ni kat mana? Anak yg kecik kat rumah tu dah tunggu dari kul 6 lagi nak tengok kakaknya..What is it with man kan? I'm sure i'm not the first one to complain. We women would drop everything..meeting ke, client ke, appointment ke,foya2ke if our child needs us. But men..they worry more that the workplace can't function without them. Can it not?? MG came to the hospital just before lunch time in his work clothes. so i asked him, you masuk office ke lepas ni? He said, taklah. Then, me being the understanding, reasonable, independent wife pun cakaplah, you tak yah la tunggu. I can teman budak ni but kul 6 nanti bawak Baby X and maid datang. I'm sure she misses her sister.

OK kata laki i. But you know, kul 630 tak nampak batang hidung, kul 7 pun tak. I called home, the maid said, bapak tak sampai lagi, adik dah siap dari pukul 5 lagi tadi. So i called up MG, you mana? Sian anak yg kat rumah tu. Of course man being man, bila dah rasa guilty, mulalah nak chom! He said, i ada 3 meeting petang ni, tau tak?

Ek eleh...tadi gaya2 cam tak yah masuk kerja lepas lunch, bila kita bagi permission (queen control ke ni?) pi kerja, lebey2 lak! Hish man! I can never understand them! (psssttt Esah, you still nak berlaki ke???). Cam kita ni takde kerja kan?? Memang la i tak yah masuk office but kalau i tak productive, i jugak yg nak kena gantung ngan SV i yg tak mahu record buruk student bawah dia tak grad within 3 years.

Anyway, men always say that when they utter the aku terima nikahnya etc., kaki, tangan semua kena pasung, we women have to put up with their many idiosyncrasies (and many here is definitely A LOT) which before this mak depa je yg faham...itupun because dah share same genetic makeup, there's not much choice isn't it?

Speaking of that, last weekend, i was at my PIL's. I whispered to my MIL something about my husband, and she whispered back, OMG, my PIL pun sama jugak..they have been married for 43 years, so there's hope for MG and I :)

OK sambung esok, nak tido. Kena pi sepital awal nak reliefkan MG dari night duty..

3 comments:

  1. Oh sia.... Makcik ni yang dah tua2 pun kena nebulizer gak.....

    CK... men ! Huh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that your daughter recovers quickly, insya Allah... Just wanna say that I enjoy reading your blog, though I dont know you. It's just so candid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CPK,
    Anak2 i dah biasa...keluarga semput la katakan..

    Anonymous,
    Thanks very much. She's doing allright. Keep on reading:)

    ReplyDelete